This year's Socitm Annual Conference, the leading public sector ICT event, will see over 400 delegates debate how technology can enable new forms of service delivery that really benefit citizens, as the sector seeks to move from 'reform to revolution'.
Amidst continuing calls for more open, user-centric and cost-effective public services, the Socitm Annual Conference 2015 will allow attendees to learn more about the new Government's plans for local ICT and pick-up practical tips from organisations that are revolutionising the way we serve the general public.
- Ruth Buckley, Head of IT and Business Services, Cork City Council
- Dylan Roberts, CIO, Leeds City Council
- Dominic Campbell, Founder, FUTUREGOV
- Charlotte Alldritt, Director of Public Services and Communities, RSA
- Peter Wells, Project Lead, Labour Digital Government Review & Engagement Lead, Open Addresses
- Richard Godfrey, ICT Strategy, Infrastructure and Programme Manager, Peterborough Council
- Eddie Copeland, Head of Technology Policy, Policy Exchange
- Geert Mareels, Project Coordinator, Open Transport Network & Flemish E-government Manager
- Councillor Peter Fleming, Leader, Sevenoaks District Council & Chairman, LGA Improvement & Innovation Board
Key issues to be discussed will include:
- Citizen-led shaping and design of digital services: how can we make the vision a reality?
- Shared services: how are public sector partnerships performing and how can we improve existing arrangements?
- Building a competitive IT market: what will the incoming Government do to continue current progress?
- Openness: what can we do to exploit advances in opening-up data, systems and APIs?
- Smart places: how can we exploit location intelligence?
- Design principles and methodology: when is it appropriate to use 'agile' and how can we move to embed platforms across different public services?
- Responding to the pressure on public services: how can we manage demand?
Date and Venue:
This year's Socitm Annual Conference takes place from Monday 19th October - Tuesday 20th October at Leicester City Football Club, King Power Stadium, Filbert Way, Leicester, LE2 7FL.
Details of available accomodation, which is not included in your ticket price, can be found by following this link.
Registration and Invoicing:
Please register by clicking on the 'Register Now' tab in the top right-hand corner of this website. The Conference is open to everyone so please feel free to share details with colleagues. You will receive an invoice shortly after the event, unless you select to pay by credit or debit card in which case the payment will be taken immediately and a receipt sent to you. For details of cost please follow the "Register Now" link at the top of the page.
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities:
There are a number of exhibition and sponsorship opportunities available. Packages can be tailored to meet your organisation's needs: please visit the 'Sponsorship and Exhibition' page for details.
- Joining Socitm is about participating in a community of professionals, who enjoy a wide range of shared interests and common objectives, and who are committed to supporting and enabling the efficient delivery of citizen-focused public services.
- Members include leaders and managers in the design and delivery of digital and IT-enabled services for public benefit.
- There are a range of membership categories and options that will fit with specific career and organisational objectives, as well as specific opportunities for personal and professional development.
To find out more about becoming a Socitm member, please click here.
Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.