The Job Role
As a 2nd Tier Analyst / Systems Administrator within the Technical Operations division at Arcus Global you will work directly with customers, third parties and internal teams to support customers using Arcus products built on the Salesforce platform. The 2nd Tier Support Analyst / Systems Administrator will be responsible for picking up support tickets escalated from 1st line support, identifying the root cause, making necessary adjustments and providing clear communication to the customer at all stages of the ticket lifecycle.
- Provide prompt resolution to inbound support tickets or assigning to an appropriate resources / queue where necessary.
- In collaboration with the wider team, coordinate and execute proactive maintenance for Arcus systems.
- Coach other members of the team and produce training materials/diagrams where appropriate.
- Make adjustments to system configuration, security models and document templates as required by our customers.
- Assisting with product installations, upgrades, patches and testing. Promoting well documented changes from a non-production environment into production.
- Work with the internal project team to develop project documentation and configuration templates. Ensure that your work is well documented so others within the team can make use of it on appropriate projects.
- Look for new ways to improve our processes and products by analysing information gathered from customers and presenting well thought out solutions and ideas back to internal seniors and leads in our R&D department. You may see your work and suggestions added to our products, helping you show your customers that you are working for them.
- Experience of configuring or developing business (web) applications.
- A good understanding of concepts such as data models, security models, and workflows.
- A working knowledge of ticketing systems such as Salesforce Case / Jira / Trello and key workflows / lifecycles for support tickets.
- Understand the principles of application architecture and have experience with the design process.
- Excellent level of customer service (our team’s customers are external, but your experience working with internal stakeholders is also valued) and helping them work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly organised and not easily fazed by unexpected changes or issues.
- You must be a self-starter, as comfortable working outside of the box as in it, happy to learn any technology or tool and become the expert on it within the company. You should not be afraid to step up and lead if appropriate.
Desired skills and experience
- Hands on experience with data analysis and/or migration work.
- Salesforce experience – We build mainly on the Force.com platform so existing knowledge and experience with Salesforce is desirable. You should be able to turn your hand to both the declarative and programmatic aspects of the platform.
- Experience working with and configuring cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Knowledge of how the UK public sector is structured and the different roles and purposes of the organisations that comprise it. This will help you understand who our customers are and the pressures they face.
- Commercial awareness – Understanding when a request falls outside the standard support offering and may be classed as a chargeable piece of work.