The Job Role
As a 3rd Tier Software Engineer within the Software Support division at Arcus Global you will work directly with customers, third parties and internal teams to support customers using Arcus products & custom solutions built on the Salesforce platform.
The 3rd Tier Software Engineer will be responsible for picking up support tickets escalated from 1st line support, identifying the root cause, making necessary adjustments together with analysis of Customer Requests You will design, build, deploy, configure and integrate the right blend of Salesforce platform functionality and supporting technologies (such as CRM, GIS and Document Management) providing clear communication to the customer at all stages of the ticket life cycle.
- Providing prompt resolution to inbound support tickets or assigning to an appropriate resources / queue where necessary.
- In collaboration with the wider team, coordinate and execute proactive maintenance for Arcus systems.
- Coach other members of the team and produce training materials/diagrams where appropriate.
- Make adjustments to system configuration, security models and document templates as required by our customers.
- Work with the internal project team to develop project documentation and configuration templates. Ensure that your work is well documented so others within the team can make use of it on appropriate projects.
- Look for new ways to improve our processes and products by analysing information gathered from customers and presenting well thought out solutions and ideas back to internal seniors and leads in our R&D department. You may see your work and suggestions added to our products, helping you show your customers that you are working for them.
- Maintain functionality on the Salesforce platform with integrations to other platforms, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Secure Storage (S3) and lambda, Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Use principles of good UX and common sense to create intuitive solutions for our clients, maintaining a consistent look-and-feel across our products/their environment.
- Interpret acceptance criteria (or glean acceptance criteria from Customers) into technical solutions following user-centric processes.
- Ensure that your code is of a high quality and meets Arcus coding standards.
- Work as part of a team to design new features and estimate the effort required to build them.
- Watch the industry for new products and techniques we can adopt to improve performance and security, speed development or visualise data.
- Interpret technical and legislative documents to understand our clients’ needs.
- Maintain Salesforce development qualifications.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- A confident approach to problem solving within restricted timescales.
- The ability to work on your own initiative as well as work well within a team.
- Understand the principles of application architecture and have experience with the design process.
- A good understanding of concepts such as data models, security models, and workflows.
- Experience with object oriented programming languages and principles.
- A working knowledge of ticketing systems such as Salesforce Case / Jira / Trello and key workflows / lifecycles for support tickets.
- Excellent level of customer service (our team’s customers are external, but your experience working with internal stakeholders is also valued) and helping them work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly organised and not easily fazed by unexpected changes or issues.
- A self-starter who is as comfortable working outside of the box as in it, happy to learn any technology or tool and become the expert on it within the company.
- Confident to step up and lead if appropriate.
Desired skills and experience
- Hands on experience with data analysis and/or migration work.
- Commercial software development experience, ideally with the Salesforce platform. We build mainly on the Force.com platform so existing knowledge and experience with Salesforce is desirable. You should be able to turn your hand to both the declarative and programmatic aspects of the platform.
- Knowledge of the Salesforce platform (Apex, LWC, Aura, VF) Experience working with and configuring cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Knowledge of API and integration development with HTTP, REST, and JSON.
- Knowledge of how the UK public sector is structured and the different roles and purposes of the organisations that comprise it. This will help you understand who our customers are and the pressures they face.
- Commercial awareness – Understanding when a request falls outside the standard support offering and may be classed as a chargeable piece of work.