Arcus is a fast growing and successful GovTech company. We are dynamic and forward thinking, with great ambition. At Arcus, you will have the chance to share your knowledge and make your presence felt. With our people at the core of everything we do, we don’t want people to ‘fit in’, diversity and difference are essential to creativity. We want people to thrive in our open and collaborative environment and be an integral part of our close knit team.
So, if you are looking for something more than ‘just a job’, you are in the right place. We have big company benefits, including Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and Pension, as well as Volunteering Days, Health & Wellbeing benefits and even our company Punt available for team members to book.
If this all appeals and you have the ambition to match ours, then read on!
The Job Role
As an Application Consultant within the Customer Fulfilment division you will work directly with customers, third parties and other teams within Arcus to run workshop and training sessions for our customers in the deployment of Arcus Apps (built on the Salesforce platform) and supporting technologies (such as CRM, GIS and Document Management).
- You will use your skills and experience to explain the Arcus solutions to customers and gather the information required for customisation by our Technical team.
- You will translate spoken and written business requirements into solutions, offering advice on best practice and alternative solutions where appropriate.
- You will be confident in guiding customers to provide the information required clearly and concisely to allow you to quickly and accurately configure their system for them.
- You will ensure that the customer team is engaged and understands their tasks and you will pursue the necessary level of engagement from stakeholders both within and outside the business.
Is this you?
Required skills and experience
- Educated to degree level (or with equivalent experience).
- Significant experience of configuring business applications – you will have successfully delivered a number of projects within budget and timescale.
- Experience in delivering training sessions/workshops both face-to-face and remotely.
- A good understanding of factors such as data models and workflows.
- An excellent level of customer service (our team’s customers are external, but your experience working with internal stakeholders is also valued) and helping customers to work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly organised and not easily fazed by unexpected changes or issues.
- The role will include UK wide travel and therefore you must hold a full UK driving licence and have use of your own vehicle.
Desired skills and experience
- Working knowledge of the Built Environment (Planning, Building Control, Land Charges, Gazetteer and GIS).
- Knowledge of Regulatory Services (Licensing, Environmental Protection, Food Safety, Trading Standards)
- Knowledge of how the UK public sector is structured and the different roles and purposes of the organisations that comprises it will help you understand who our customers are and the pressures they face.
- Salesforce experience – We build mainly on the Force.com platform so existing knowledge and experience with Salesforce is desired.