Arcus is a fast growing and successful GovTech company. We are dynamic and forward thinking, with great ambition. At Arcus, you will have the chance to share your knowledge and make your presence felt. With our people at the core of everything we do, we don’t want people to ‘fit in’, diversity and difference are essential to creativity. We want people to thrive in our open and collaborative environment and be an integral part of our close knit team.
So, if you are looking for something more than ‘just a job’, you are in the right place. We have big company benefits, including Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and Pension, as well as Volunteering Days, Health & Wellbeing benefits and even our company Punt available for team members to book.
If this all appeals and you have the ambition to match ours, then read on!
The Job Role
As a Product Manager within Arcus Global you are responsible for ensuring we deliver high quality products with excellent user experience. You own the Discovery phase of any proposed development work, and ensure that the outputs of that phase enable the Development team to deliver software that is fit for purpose. You will become the internal expert on designated products and features, and will document software features and functions for other teams in Arcus and for our customers.
- Gathering product requirements and priorities from all teams within Arcus, the customer base and the broader market.
- Work with the product owners to validate user stories against their knowledge of the market.
- Ensure the development teams have the necessary user stories and requirements they need to proceed, and that they understand the desired outcomes of any work.
- Engage with customers to facilitate implementation project deliveries, by providing detailed product and feature knowledge where required, and to gather feedback on the products.
- Look for new ways to improve the product throughout the product lifecycle and implement those improvements, through workshops, user tests, user groups.
- Creating and maintaining internal customer facing product documentation.
- Arranging and hosting internal product Show & Tells with clear outcomes and documented sign-off.
Is this you?
- Previous experience of project management, risk management, resource and stakeholder management.
- Excellent Business Analysis skills – the ability to use a number of techniques to drive out and document requirements across a range of stakeholders
- A strong ability to balance the needs of the business, project timescales, budgets and client satisfaction in a level-headed and professional style.
- A clear understanding of UX principles and an ability to evaluate the user experience.
- Coordinate and curate the design of a product, facilitate and encourage design thinking with customers and the development teams.
- Have a good technical understanding in order to be able to work effectively with the developers to assess feasibility and come up with proposed timelines.
- Excellent communication, stakeholder and customer liaison skills.
- Experience of working with customers and stakeholders and helping them work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Understand the Agile methodology and apply it in ways appropriate to each challenge.
- Any of the following would be advantageous to have a working knowledge of:
- An issue management application such as JIRA,
- Basic Web and HTML development principles
- An existing knowledge/experience of Salesforce.
- Previous experience of working in or with the Public sector.