Arcus is a fast growing and successful GovTech company. We are dynamic and forward thinking, with great ambition. At Arcus, you will have the chance to share your knowledge and make your presence felt. With our people at the core of everything we do, we don’t want people to ‘fit in’, diversity and difference are essential to creativity. We want people to thrive in our open and collaborative environment and be an integral part of our close knit team.
So, if you are looking for something more than ‘just a job’, you are in the right place. We have big company benefits, including Private Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and Pension, as well as Volunteering Days, Health & Wellbeing benefits and even our company Punt available for team members to book.
If this all appeals and you have the ambition to match ours, then read on!
The Job Role
Our project managers are responsible for end to end delivery to time, cost and quality of our solutions to the customer. The environment is fast paced and agile as we work to deliver services to the UK public sector.
As a successful PM already, you will love the idea of working closely with clients and stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcome, keeping a multidisciplinary team aligned towards a common goal. You will have the authority in leading significant business change and enhanced ways of working in public and government officer facing services. Working closely with your wider company, in particular account managers and service teams, you will strive for great customer experience and uncover new opportunities to deliver cloud based SaaS projects and clear business benefits for our customers.
- Lead multiple projects or a programme of work for one or more clients, primarily within the local government sector.
- Manage a virtual project team and work collaboratively with other Project Managers, Product Managers, Data Specialists and development teams to ensure products are delivered to client’s specifications on time and on budget.
- Take a collaborative approach to sharing learning with an aim to standardise process and best practice enabling continuous improvement of project management across the business.
- Plan and control finances by means of accurate estimation, forecast to complete and strong monitoring and control of spend. Agree costs and sign off invoices in line with the agreed budget.
- Liaise proactively with clients on the progress of jobs and act as the first point of contact for customer complaints, responding efficiently to resolve issues as presented, escalating to the Customer Fulfilment Director as appropriate.
- Maintain ongoing communications with all stakeholders including attending board meetings at client organisations and working with client business change managers or equivalent on the transition to the new business to align priorities both within the client and supplier organisations.
- Manage the project and programme risks, issues and dependencies and the interfaces between projects as well as third party contributions to the programme.
- Produce weekly and monthly project reports in a timely manner for directors and clients, ensuring they are accurate and presented in a professional format.
- Oversee governance arrangements in line with the Arcus Business Management System for the delivery of the project, defining clear roles, responsibilities and accountabilities across all stakeholders..
Is this you?
- Relevant project management qualification (Agile/Prince2/MSP/APM etc).
- 5+ years leading complex SaaS implementation projects and programmes that involve significant business change.
- Project management experience with strong team leadership skills across:
- Planning, governance & reporting
- Stakeholder & team management
- RAID & Change management
- Budget management
- Comfortable with standard office & PM tools
- Good commercial acumen with an understanding of delivering client satisfaction whilst maximising business value.
- Self-motivated, methodical and conscientious
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive relationships, instil confidence and influence change and business transformation.
- A lateral thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills; including an ability to anticipate and highlight potential issues and opportunities and resource accordingly.
- Willing to travel regularly to customer sites throughout the UK (As Covid restrictions allow)
- Previous experience of working with or in a public sector and familiar with the local government procurement process.
- Previous experience of delivering integration projects based on the Salesforce platform
- A background in leading client accounts in a consultancy environment with a track record of successful client management and growth