About the Role
As a Technical Consultant within the Technical Operations division at Arcus Global you will work directly with customers, third parties and other teams within Arcus to deploy, configure and integrate the right blend of Arcus Apps (built on the Salesforce platform) and supporting technologies (such as CRM, GIS and Document Management).
- Use your technical skills to customise and configure the product and platform to meet the customer’s needs. You will translate their spoken and written business requirements into technical solutions where possible while offering advice on best practice and alternative technical solutions where appropriate.
- Find new ways to improve customer experience and deliver their business goals. You will be confident in guiding customers to provide the information required clearly and concisely to allow you to quickly and accurately configure their system for them.
- Deliver solutions that not only meet the customer’s business requirements but make their day to day work easier and allow them to work efficiently and to a high quality.
- Work with the internal project team to develop project documentation, such as training plans and material, “how to” videos and configuration templates. Ensure that your work is well documented so others within the team can make use of it on appropriate projects.
- Guide and encourage the customer through the implementation process with excellent customer training and in turn building up their confidence in you, the team and the Arcus brand. Ensure that the product owner is engaged and understands their tasks so that they can complete them in a timely fashion.. Ensure that updates are passed on the customers regularly and pursue the necessary level of engagement from stakeholders both within and outside the business.
- Look for new ways to improve our processes and products by analysing information gathered from customers and presenting well thought out solutions and ideas back to internal seniors and leads in our R&D department. You may see your work and suggestions added to our products, helping you show your customers that you are working for them.
- Experience of configuring or developing business (web) applications.
- A good understanding of factors such as data models, security models, and workflows.
- Our work often includes custom code and integrations, thus a working knowledge of the following is expected: issue management application such as JIRA; basic HTML development principles; understanding of key concepts of relational databases ; experience with source control such as GIT would also be very useful.
- Understand the principles of application architecture and have experience with the design process.
- Good level of customer service (our team’s customers are external, but your experience working with internal stakeholders is also valued) and helping them work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly organised and not easily fazed by unexpected changes or issues.
- You must be a self-starter, as comfortable working outside of the box as in it, happy to learn any technology or tool and become the expert on it within the company. You should not be afraid to step up and lead if appropriate.
Desired skills and experience
- Knowledge of the Public Protection / Regulatory Services function in UK Local Government, or experience within a regulated industry would be an advantage.
- Hands on experience with data analysis and/or migration work.
- Salesforce experience – We build mainly on the Force.com platform so existing knowledge and experience with Salesforce is desirable. You should be able to turn your hand to both the declarative and programmatic aspects of the platform.
- Experience working with and configuring cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc).
- Knowledge of how the UK public sector is structured and the different roles and purposes of the organisations that comprise it. This will help you understand who our customers are and the pressures they face.
- The role could include UK-wide travel and therefore holding a full UK driving licence and having use of your own vehicle would be helpful