Reporting to: Team Leader Implementation
Salary range:£30,000+ benefits
Location: Cambridge (travel required)
Closing date: 20 May 2018
About the role
This is a technical role, working with the deployment teams as a specialist resource where you will be managing the migration and deployment of customer data. You will also be working with customer stakeholders (e.g. managers) to help them get the most out of that data through use of reporting and dashboard tools.
You will also be given opportunities to expand your knowledge and skills, as well as increase capability within the team to roles such as Data Integration, Master Data Management, Data Mining, Stream Processing, Data Warehousing, Unstructured Data Manipulation, Business Modelling.
What you'll be doing
- Helping customers understand their legacy and target data models and recommending actions to assist in effective migration
- Analysis of customer data and production of data quality reports outlining data quality issues and recommending “quick wins” for fix and highlighting issues.
- Accurate Data mapping between legacy and new schemas
- Test and final load of data sets into customer environments in such a way as to give confidence in completeness and accuracy, minimising business impact
- Working with customers to support them in getting the most out of Salesforce.com and 3rd party reporting and dashboarding tools, feeding back to product teams where data model adjustments would be beneficial
- Managing your own time whilst working within the project constraints
- Taking part in project planning exercises and ensuring data concerns are given full consideration
What we need from you
Passion for Data
A deep interest in, and enjoyment of working with data is essential for this role.
Data manipulation experience
A minimum of 12 months experience using your choice of tooling (MS Excel, MS Access, SQL, Jitterbit, Alteryx, Open Refine, Informatica) to extract, transform and load data between systems.
You should expect to be working across several projects simultaneously and be comfortable working to customer deadlines.
Ability to quickly adapt to new situations, different business practices and challenges of working in the public sector
A proven ability to plan, organise, prioritise, manage and track numerous concurrent activities to successful outcomes
What we'd like from you
Experience working with/in the public sector
Public sector organisations share a number of common challenges and obligations. As such experience working with these organisations would be valuable.
Business Intelligence & reporting experience
Both the process of developing and displaying performance indicators and tooling e.g. Tableau, Silk, Qlik or the BI tools within AWS such as QuickSight.
Experience with data modelling
A working knowledge (or beyond) of data modelling techniques would be a distinct advantage. For example being able to interpret, write and (to the right audience) explain an ERD would help you hit the ground running in this role. If you can discuss why Salesforce’s minimum record size of 2Kb gets in the way of proper normalisation you may be over-qualified but please get in touch to discuss other roles.
Arcus Global was established in 2009 by Denis Kaminskiy and Lars Malmqvist. Arcus Global uses technology in a disruptive way, to help the public sector to save costs and deliver transformational change via Cloud-based solutions.
We are a fast growing company and employ over 120 staff in our offices in Cambridge, UK. We work hard to maintain the entrepreneurial energy and spirit of a startup. We encourage all members of staff to share their ideas and inspiration for change and improvements irrespective of their role.
Our software is developed using agile methodologies. We work closely with our public sector customers to ensure our products meet their specific needs.
We partner with the best in the business, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services. We were the first UK based company to be named AWS Government Competency Partner, recognising our expertise within the public sector.
As a successful and growing business we have a number of awards under our belt. In 2016 we won two major awards. The Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards and the European IT Excellence Award for Customer Solutions.
Arcus is listed in the 2017 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
- Health insurance (for you and your family)
- Medical cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme - fund match up to 3%
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime and working from home
- Feel good: all staff work with the knowledge that our products help the public sector to perform better.
- Career development: all staff determine their own career development with support from managers.
- Friendly environment: we have a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are highly valued. Joining Arcus means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than just another company.
- Snacks: we provide free fruit and healthy snacks along with a wide range of beverages.
- Social club & events: we are a friendly bunch and believe that an active social life is important so we have a comprehensive social calendar. Whether you’re into music, sport, or board games there’ll be an activity for you