Department: QA & Release
Reporting to: QA & Release Manager
Salary range: £23,000
About the role
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing, ambitious but fun technology company! Arcus Global delivers next generation technology to our clients within the public sector.
We blend cloud computing technologies, expertise and commercial acumen to transform businesses. Our aim is to disrupt the stale market, displace old competitors and bring about real change and improvement to the sectors that need it the most.
Main duties and responsibilities
As a DevOps within Arcus Global you will be making technology change and grow our business. You will be an authority in quality assurance and systems testing.
Backed by practical experience of working with a range of enterprise technologies you will have a passion for learning new technologies quickly, delivering at pace and growing yourself and the business.
You will normally work embedded into a scrum team of four to six people collaborating on a project.
You will develop automated tests with Java and Selenium WebDriver, learn to handle the deployment software to environments and lead the quality assurance of large scale systems.
We are looking for someone who can write simple programs. You don't need to have experience with any specific programming language, a computer science degree or several years experience. If you're passionate about software development and love learning new things then we believe you'll be a great fit.
You should be able to clearly explain to your teammates how you found a bug and what they need to do to fix it.
Attention to detail
You enjoy breaking things and finding bugs. You will question assumptions and use your judgement to improve the quality of our software.
Do you love working as part of a team? DevOps Engineers are an important part of every development team here at Arcus. You'll work closely with developers to make sure the software is bug-free.
Experience with automated testing
You believe automated testing is amazing as it saves time and improves software quality. We use Java with Selenium to automate our tests.
Familiarity with HTML
All of our products are cloud based and are accessed through web-browsers. Reading HTML is one of the skills that you'll use daily.
We’re a growing software and consultancy company working hard to keep the entrepreneurial fun atmosphere of a start-up. We always aim to be a company people want to work for.
Our software is developed using agile methodologies, working closely with our public sector customers
Ideas and inspiration come from all staff regardless of role. Guilds provide an easy way to expand knowledge and experience outside of standard departments.
We partner with the best in the business, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services. We’re the first UK based company to be named AWS Government Competency Partner, recognising our expertise within the public sector.
Winner of the Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards 2016, which is given to companies that have displayed outstanding innovation, product, quality, service, imagination, marketing and managerial skills.
Winner of the European IT Excellence Award in 2016 for Customer Solution, which is given to companies that demonstrated how carefully they have been listening to their customers and building solutions that do make a difference.
- Health insurance (for you and your family)
- Medical cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme - fund match up to 3%
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime and working from home
- The good feeling that comes from working to improve the public sector
- Career progression in your hands, whether you want to work with development, customer relationships or business skills
- Friendly & entrepreneurial environment: we’ve created a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are looked after. Joining Arcus means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than 'just another company'
- Free fruit and healthy snacks
- Social events: Thirsty Thursdays, Souper Mondays, and monthly events organised by Team Awesome make us a very social company
- Social clubs: whether you’re into music, sport, or board games there’ll be a social club for you