Pre-Sales Consultant-Regulatory Services
Department:Sales and Marketing
Reporting to: Product Director- Place
Salary range: negotiable+ benefits
Location: Cambridge +home
Closing date: 3 June 2018
About the role
The Pre-sales team support our Sales Executives in defining and demonstrating solutions to potential customers. You will be expected to understand all elements of the Local Authority Regulatory Services function including Environmental Health, Trading Standards, Private Sector Housing and Licensing to enable you to present our solutions in a way that is understood by the market.
What you'll be doing
- Providing customer-facing sales demonstrations of Arcus and Salesforce software
- Producing user stories and review of software and service solutions as required, including liaising with customers, Product Management and developers to ensure requirements are fully understood
- Co-ordinating and communication product launches/awareness within the Company, including Sales, Support and Service Delivery, our customers and prospects
- Ensure that the software is shown to best advantage by creating and maintaining key records and demo script.
- Continuously monitor market needs, taking into account technological advances, competitor products and the changing requirements of regulatory bodies
- Assist with tender preparation
- Liaison with relevant third party suppliers and business partners
- Keeping Arcus informed of sales and development opportunities arising in customer sites
- Attending exhibitions, conferences and meetings to promote the use of Arcus product
- Review of incoming enhancements requests, attending Product Focus meetings as required and help prioritise developments for release
- Assist marketing with the production of sales support material and sales collateral including media presentations (screen capture etc)
- Providing consultancy and implementation services for customers where appropriate.
- Providing third line support where required.
- Liaison with user groups
- Keeping up to date with legislative and structural developments and keeping senior management informed of these
- Compliance with ISO Procedures
- Other duties as required
What we need from you
A proven ability to plan, organise, prioritise, manage and track numerous concurrent activities to successful outcomes
Knowledge of modern ICT technology
You should have an understanding of key concepts within modern ICT such as cloud computing and agile delivery and be able to contrast them with traditional methods of app and project delivery.
Experienced in Managing Customer Expectations
In demonstrating the software, it is important to ensure that the customer is clear where functionality may not yet be available, or may be on the roadmap.
Excellent Communication Skills
Both oral and in writing
Experience working with/in the public sector
Public sector organisations share a number of common challenges and obligations. As such experience working with these organisations is essential.
Experience of relevant disciplines
To enable you to understand the customers requirements, we will require you to have experience in the use/administration of Public Protection software.
You will have the gravitas, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work closely with internal and external customers
What we'd like from you
Our solutions are built upon the Salesforce platform. Experience of configuring Salesforce objects, or solutions which enable dynamic workflow of tasks would be an advantage
Arcus Global was established in 2009 by Denis Kaminskiy and Lars Malmqvist. Arcus Global uses technology in a disruptive way, to help the public sector to save costs and deliver transformational change via Cloud-based solutions.
We are a fast growing company and employ over 120 staff in our offices in Cambridge, UK. We work hard to maintain the entrepreneurial energy and spirit of a startup. We encourage all members of staff to share their ideas and inspiration for change and improvements irrespective of their role.
Our software is developed using agile methodologies. We work closely with our public sector customers to ensure our products meet their specific needs.
We partner with the best in the business, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services. We were the first UK based company to be named AWS Government Competency Partner, recognising our expertise within the public sector.
As a successful and growing business we have a number of awards under our belt. In 2016 we won two major awards. The Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards and the European IT Excellence Award for Customer Solutions.
Arcus is listed in the 2017 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
- Health insurance (for you and your family)
- Medical cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme - fund match up to 3%
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime and working from home
- Feel good: all staff work with the knowledge that our products help the public sector to perform better.
- Career development: all staff determine their own career development with support from managers.
- Friendly environment: we have a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are highly valued. Joining Arcus means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than just another company.
- Snacks: we provide free fruit and healthy snacks along with a wide range of beverages.
- Social club & events: we are a friendly bunch and believe that an active social life is important so we have a comprehensive social calendar. Whether you’re into music, sport, or board games there’ll be an activity for you