Senior Project Manager
Reporting to: Head of PMO
Salary range: £55,000 (DOE) + benefits
Closing date: 19 January 2018
About the role
Through the expansion of our business we have a senior project manager vacancy within our Consulting and Advisory Services division. We are seeking a talented and ambitious project manager to lead a programme of work. To deliver a roadmap of change on a number of new large client accounts. The work will include product implementation, overseeing bespoke development and associated change management.
As a successful project manager with 5 years of project management experience you will be self-reliant and co-ordinate all aspects of project/programme delivery. You will also be responsible for some account management and business development activities within the individual accounts you operate in - working closely with the sales department to identify additional opportunities.
What you'll be doing
- Lead a number of projects or programme of work for one or more mainly local government customers, working with a team of Project Managers, Product Managers, Data Specialists and scrum development teams on a programme by programme basis to ensure products are delivered to client’s specifications on time and on budget.
- Helping to define the programme's governance arrangements and ensuring the delivery of new products or services from your projects are delivered with these arrangements to the appropriate level of quality, timescales and budget.
- Working with the client business change manager or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position and benefits are identified and realised, helping to shape and align priorities both within the client and supplier organisations.
- Managing communications with all stakeholders including regular progress and exception reporting and attending board meetings at client organisations.
- Managing the project and programme risks, issues and dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
- Managing third party contributions to the programme.
- Carry out additional duties as required.
What we need from you
- Programme management experience: 5+ years as a project manager leading complex IT implementation projects and programmes.
- Knowledge of modern ICT technology: You should have an understanding of and interest in key concepts within modern ICT and cloud computing, this could include SaaS (e.g. Salesforce) and IaaS (Amazon Web Services).
- Leadership: The ability to command respect and to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams. Sufficient seniority and credibility to advise project teams on their projects in relation to the programme.
- Project and programme management techniques: Good knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling projects and programmes. good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
- Business case and benefits management: Sound business case development skills and benefits management techniques including the ability to strongly influence business transformation.
- Qualifications: Good knowledge of programme and project management methodologies such as MSP, PRINCE2 and Agile. Experience delivering Agile projects with an ability to translate and deliver this into a traditional ‘waterfall’ project delivery client environment would be beneficial.
- Travel: Flexibility with the ability to travel regularly to customer sites throughout the UK.
What we'd like from you
- Experience working with/in the public sector: Public sector organisations share a number of common challenges and obligations. As such, experience working with these organisations would be valuable.
- Procurement and working with third parties: Good understanding of the local government procurement process including negotiation with third parties and experience of contracts.
- Account management and business development: Experience leading client accounts in a consultancy environment with a track record of successful client management and growth within the account would be beneficial.
Arcus Global was established in 2009 by Denis Kaminskiy and Lars Malmqvist. Arcus Global uses technology in a disruptive way, to help the public sector to save costs and deliver transformational change via Cloud-based solutions.
We are a fast growing company and employ over 120 staff in our offices in Cambridge, UK. We work hard to maintain the entrepreneurial energy and spirit of a startup. We encourage all members of staff to share their ideas and inspiration for change and improvements irrespective of their role.
Our software is developed using agile methodologies. We work closely with our public sector customers to ensure our products meet their specific needs.
We partner with the best in the business, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services. We were the first UK based company to be named AWS Government Competency Partner, recognising our expertise within the public sector.
As a successful and growing business we have a number of awards under our belt. In 2016 we won two major awards. The Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards and the European IT Excellence Award for Customer Solutions.
Arcus is listed in the 2017 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
- Health insurance (for you and your family)
- Medical cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme - fund match up to 3%
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime and working from home
- Feel good: all staff work with the knowledge that our products help the public sector to perform better.
- Career development: all staff determine their own career development with support from managers.
- Friendly environment: we have a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are highly valued. Joining Arcus means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than just another company.
- Snacks: we provide free fruit and healthy snacks along with a wide range of beverages.
- Social club & events: we are a friendly bunch and believe that an active social life is important so we have a comprehensive social calendar. Whether you’re into music, sport, or board games there’ll be an activity for you