Service Desk Analyst
Reporting to: Service Desk Manager
Salary range: £17,000-£23,000 (DOE) + benefits
Closing date: 20 July 2018
About the role
We are looking for someone who can providing a great customer service experience while acting in a professional and understanding manner when liaising with customers via the ticket portal or via the phone or email.
This is a customer orientated role providing an opportunity for the right person to grow within our team of 2nd line and 3rd line service analysts.
With business growth as Councils take up our products the number of customers transitioning to our Service Desk is growing as well. This role is to assist with the increased volume of tickets as the company continues to grow.
The job will form an integral part within the existing team and enable the Service Desk to function at a higher operating level to provide a high level of customer service to our Customers.
What you'll be doing
- Triage according to Service Desk process external and internal tickets following the ITIL principles. Training will be provided on how to use the Service Desk system.
- Record all customer interactions in the Salesforce Service Cloud Helpdesk System with clarity and accuracy for team members to understand the status of your tickets
- Manage and progress to resolution those queries assigned to you in accordance with Company standards and guideline
- Proactively liaise with other departments and individuals in order to process customer issues based on priority and escalate where necessary to Service Desk Manager
- Ability to manage a range of tasks at the same time is essential as the pace of the Service Desk requires quick thinking for smart decisions (assistance is available)
- Prioritise your own workload and manage your own time effectively; know when to raise concerns with colleagues and line Manager when assistance is needed
- Construct and update information to maintain knowledge articles, ”how to guides” and other internal documentation in a clear, concise manner
- Prepare client specific monthly reports using questioning and analysis of report data for continuous improvement and suggestions for the customer
- Awareness of the importance and keenness to meet time-sensitive SLA’s
- On-board new customers and meet existing customers on site providing a professional image of the Service Desk when representing Arcus Global
- Work with colleagues in the business to ensure excellent customer experience for our customers and build strong links with connected departments
What we need from you
- 1+ years of relevant experience working in Service Desk environment
- Customer Service focussed with demonstrable customer service attitude
- Technically minded with a desire to learn new skills
- Excellent problem solving skills within technical environments
- Ability to explain and translate technical steps and/or issues to customers clearly and present solutions (verbal and written)
- Previous experience of working to ITIL processes, techniques and best practice
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Focused on task completion
What we'd like from you
- Someone who thrives in a customer orientated environment, putting the needs of their customer foremost - finding the right answer
- A confident communicator and an individual with a natural ability to build a friendly, yet professional rapport
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in technology / previous experience in IT Helpdesk / Support role is also beneficial but not essential.
- Commercial experience ideally in a software or database environment
- Knowledge of local authority services.
- Salesforce Experience
Arcus Global was established in 2009 by Denis Kaminskiy and Lars Malmqvist. Arcus Global uses technology in a disruptive way, to help the public sector to save costs and deliver transformational change via Cloud-based solutions.
We are a fast growing company and employ over 120 staff in our offices in Cambridge, UK. We work hard to maintain the entrepreneurial energy and spirit of a startup. We encourage all members of staff to share their ideas and inspiration for change and improvements irrespective of their role.
Our software is developed using agile methodologies. We work closely with our public sector customers to ensure our products meet their specific needs.
We partner with the best in the business, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services. We were the first UK based company to be named AWS Government Competency Partner, recognising our expertise within the public sector.
As a successful and growing business we have a number of awards under our belt. In 2016 we won two major awards. The Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards and the European IT Excellence Award for Customer Solutions.
Arcus is listed in the 2017 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
- Health insurance (for you and your family)
- Medical cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme - fund match up to 3%
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime and working from home
- Feel good: all staff work with the knowledge that our products help the public sector to perform better.
- Career development: all staff determine their own career development with support from managers.
- Friendly environment: we have a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are highly valued. Joining Arcus means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than just another company.
- Snacks: we provide free fruit and healthy snacks along with a wide range of beverages.
- Social club & events: we are a friendly bunch and believe that an active social life is important so we have a comprehensive social calendar. Whether you’re into music, sport, or board games there’ll be an activity for you