Reporting to: Team Leader Implementation
Salary range: £35,000 (DOE) + benefits
About the role
As a Technical Consultant within the Platform Success division at Arcus Global you will work directly with customers, third parties and other teams within Arcus to deploy, configure and integrate the right blend of Arcus Apps (built on the Force.com platform) and supporting technologies (such as CRM, GIS and Document Management).
You will help solve business and technology problems for our customers, supporting them in achieving their goals and introducing them to the full range of products and services Arcus can offer.
You will be expected to work as part of a team on larger projects or independently on smaller pieces of work. You will use agile methodologies to gather and analyse customer requirements and ensure these are accurately documented. You will suggest changes and improvements to processes where it provides business benefit and you will be able to demonstrate how the technology can help deliver this.
You will use your sound technical knowledge to help guide the customer to the best solution, and then be able to build and deploy that solution for them. Working within our implementation team you will both deploy and configure the industry leading Salesforce.com customer relationship management product suite as well as the unique public sector specific Salesforce hosted applications that our R&D team develop.
To excel you will need to be able to blend the excellent native Salesforce functionality such as CRM, Chatter and Communities with our powerful applications and be prepared to occasionally bridge the gaps between the two with some of our own secret sauce / code! Part of this will involve staying ahead of the curve on the very fast moving Salesforce platform and using new technologies like Field Service Lighting and Einstein to ensure our customers are getting as much value from the platform as possible.
You will involve the customer in each step of the process and will regularly work at customer sites to make this happen.
The Technical Consultant role is well suited to developing your career in technology in a wide range of directions including Solution Architecture, Domain Management, Data Science and Service Management. This is well suited to software developers that want to adjust the balance of their work to include more focus on business process realisation, configuration and customer interaction than pure-play R&D and writing code.
What you'll be doing
- Advanced IT Skills: This is a technical role. We predominantly build on the Force.com platform (training and self-study resources provided). You will need to demonstrate a high level of technical ability in the deployment and configuration of business applications and demonstrate willingness to continue to develop these skills. You will use your skills to build and implement the solutions you design. The ability to use standard IT productivity tools such as, word, excel, powerpoint, collaboration platforms and knowledge sharing tools are essential.
- Analytic skills/ Problem Solving: Desk based research, particularly around new software development as well as preparing basic reports, solution documentation and numerical analysis.Critically evaluate the customer’s business objectives, identifying the best/most efficient routes to solutions to satisfy their requirements.
- Project Documentation: Work with the customer and internal project team to develop project documentation, such as project plans and technical drawings. Ensure that your work is well documented so others within the team can make use of your work on other appropriate projects.
- Customer Engagement: Guide and encourage the customer through the process. Ensure that the product owner is engaged and completes their responsibilities in a timely fashion. Ensure that updates are passed on the customers regularly and pursue the necessary level of engagement from stakeholders both within and outside the business.
- Communicate: Facilitate transparent, open and honest communication among teams and stakeholders using excellent written and spoken English. Visit customers regularly to develop positive working relationships. You will ensure that the progress of the project is communicated effectively internally and with customers.
- Insight, Discovery and Learning: Find new ways to improve customer experience and deliver their business goals. You will be confident gathering requirements and discussing them clearly and concisely. Analysis of these requirements will allow you to develop improvements and solutions for the customer. Look for new ways to improve our processes and products by analysing information gathered from customers.
What we need from you
- Experience A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role or related field.
- ICT Tools and Methods This is a technical role and we expect hands on experience of configuring or developing business applications backed up by a good understanding of factors such as data models and workflows.
- We build mainly on the Force.com platform so existing knowledge and experience with Salesforce would be a distinct advantage to an applicant, though we will provide the necessary training resources.
- Experience with source control such as GIT would also be very useful.
- Project Management Experience of agile and/or waterfall project delivery, risk management, resource and stakeholder management. A strong ability to balance the needs of the business, project timescales, budgets and customer satisfaction in a level-headed and professional style.
- Customer Management Experience of working with customers (our team’s customers are external, but your experience working with internal stakeholders is also valued) and helping them work through challenges to achieve a positive outcome.
- Organisation You will be highly organised and not easily fazed by unexpected changes or issues.
What we'd like from you
- Agile Methods: Understand the Agile methodology and apply it in ways appropriate to each challenge. Assist the team and Scrum Master while improving the accuracy and clarity of stories.
- System Architecture: Understand the principles of application architecture and have experience with the design process.
- Data Manipulation: Hands on experience with data analysis and/or migration work.
- Knowledge of the Public Sector: Knowledge of how the UK public sector is structured and the different roles and purposes of the organisations that comprises it will help you understand who our customers are and the pressures they face.
Arcus Global was established in 2009 by Denis Kaminskiy and Lars Malmqvist. Arcus Global uses technology in a disruptive way, to help the public sector to save costs and deliver transformational change via Cloud-based solutions.
We are a fast growing company and employ over 120 staff in our offices in Cambridge, UK. We work hard to maintain the entrepreneurial energy and spirit of a startup. We encourage all members of staff to share their ideas and inspiration for change and improvements irrespective of their role.
Our software is developed using agile methodologies. We work closely with our public sector customers to ensure our products meet their specific needs.
We partner with the best in the business, including Salesforce and Amazon Web Services. We were the first UK based company to be named AWS Government Competency Partner, recognising our expertise within the public sector.
As a successful and growing business we have a number of awards under our belt. In 2016 we won two major awards. The Barclays Small Business Excellence Awards and the European IT Excellence Award for Customer Solutions.
Arcus is listed in the 2017 Deloitte UK Technology Fast 50, a ranking of the 50 fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
- Health insurance (for you and your family)
- Medical cash back plan (for you and your family)
- Life insurance
- Pension Scheme - fund match up to 3%
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Holiday Buy/Sell Scheme of up to 5 days
- 35hr week with flexitime and working from home
Feel good: all staff work with the knowledge that our products help the public sector to perform better.
Career development: all staff determine their own career development with support from managers.
Friendly environment: we have a stimulating, fun, collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where people are highly valued. Joining Arcus means you’ll be joining a 'family' rather than just another company.
Snacks: we provide free fruit and healthy snacks along with a wide range of beverages.
- Social club & events: we are a friendly bunch and believe that an active social life is important so we have a comprehensive social calendar. Whether you’re into music, sport, or board games there’ll be an activity for you